KG-5th grade students visit the library weekly, for thirty minutes each session. During this time, students are taught library skills, read and watch short stories and award winning books, and may return and checkout books.
Middle and High School students have various reading lists and may visit the library when needed.
A record of what your child has on loan can be accessed by logging into Sycamore on your computer.
- Kindergarten – Loans will be given to teachers only.
- 1st Grade – Limit of 1 book, with a 7-day loan period. Books must be kept at school.
- 2nd Grade – Limit of 1 book, with a 14-day loan period. Books may be taken home.
- 3rd – 5th Grades – Limit of 2 books with a 14-day loan period. Books may be taken home.
- Middle School – Limit of 3 books with a 21-day loan period. Books may be taken home.
- High School – Limit of 4 books with a 21-day loan period. Books may be taken home.
- Late Charge = 10¢ for each day the item is past due – Students are reminded when they visit the Library each week; Emails reminders are sent out bi-weekly; Due dates are marked in the back of each book. Fine Notices will be sent out quarterly.
- Missing or damaged pages that can be repaired =25¢ for each damaged page.
- Missing or damaged book beyond repair = cost of book and an additional $4.00 processing fee.
- Missing barcode = 50¢
- Report Cards will be held for past due Library Materials and fines.
The replacement cost of any Library Materials that have not been returned by the last day of the current school year will be charged to your account. Additionally, late fees that have not been paid in full by the last day of the current school year will be charged to your account.
The TGCA Library is pleased to accept gifts and/or memorial gifts. Gifts are gratefully and willingly accepted as long as no restriction is placed upon their use. Acceptance of gifts (of books and other library materials) will be determined by the library associate on the basis of their suitability to the library’s purposes and needs in accordance with the selection process. Any material donated will be the permanent property of the TGCA Library and is not returnable. The library associate will determine use or disposal of all gift materials. The library has the right to discard any gifts in poor physical condition (e.g. brittle paper, water or mildew damage, torn, and/or missing pages). Please observe the following guidelines when donating books to the library:
Donations need to have a copyright date within the last 5 years unless:
- It is a series book (Berenstain Bears, Boxcar Children, etc),
- It is a classic book, (Black Beauty, Red Badge of Courage, etc.), or
- It is a biography of a deceased character (Abraham Lincoln, Clara Barton, etc).
Donations should be in good condition barring:
- no ink, crayon, or pencil markings
- no brittle, yellow, torn, or missing pages
- no mildew or stained bindings or pages
- no physically worn books – page corners turned up
The library accepts monetary donations. There is a list of accepted books that may be donated or that can be obtained by monetary donations. Please send all monetary donations to the Business Office. All donations are tax deductible.
Statement of Concern about Library Resources:
The TGCA library takes very seriously all concerns about inappropriate library resources. A Statement of Concern form is available below if there is ever a problem concerning a library resource.